Small Business Holiday Market at Noah's
Noah Webster House - 227 South Main Street, West Hartford, CT, United States
Holiday Market at the Noah Webster House
SHOP SMALL, SHOP LOCAL
Friday, December 4, 5-8 p.m. and Saturday, December 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Looking for a safe way to get your holiday shopping done that doesn’t involve staring at a computer? You will support small, local businesses this holiday season when you shop at the Holiday Market at the Noah Webster House! This December 4 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and December 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you will explore and purchase unique, handcrafted, artisanal, and even some tasty creations from local vendors at the Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society, 227 S. Main St., West Hartford.
The Noah Webster House is offering this new holiday tradition as a way to safely support local, small businesses, many of them newer and without their own bricks and mortar location. The businesses have an opportunity to showcase their products and sell directly to customers and are returning the favor by donating a portion of their proceeds to the museum. The Holiday Market at the Noah Webster House is made possible through the generosity of sponsor Mangs Financial LLC.
A great line-up of hyper-local, small businesses will be at the museum offering their products for purchase, including:
- WeHa Brewing & Roasting, artisanal coffees
- Bellis Bourbon
- The Tiny Wren, handmade and vintage jewelry and accessories
- WeHa Candle Co, all natural, hand poured candles
- The Craft Experience, specialty pastries and baked goods
- The Cottage Potter, one-of-a-kind pottery pieces both functional and decorative
- Anniemade Art, unique hand-carved block prints and whimsical printed apparel
- Farmington Farm Truck, holiday wreaths and farm-made products likes honey, jam, pickles, and hot sauces
- Small State Provisions, organic sourdough bread and small-batch granola
- Gingerbread House Kits to go, by the Noah Webster House. Each kit includes freshly baked gingerbread pieces, Royal icing mix, and candy for decorating. Kits can be preordered and picked up at the holiday market.
- Noah Webster House, West Hartford-branded items, toys, books, gifts, and a holiday clearance table
- More to come!
The Holiday Market at the Noah Webster House is an indoor / outdoor event. COVID-19 precautions are being taken following the State of Connecticut Phase 2.1 guidelines. The number of people inside and outside the museum at any given time will be limited and strictly monitored. Because of this, we are asking guests to limit their shopping experience to 1 hour. Walk-ins are welcome and expected. There may be a short wait as we ensure that the capacity of people on site does not exceed current COVID-19 guidelines. For your convenience, you can skip the line by pre-registering for a shopping time with a small donation at https://noahwebster.yapsody.com/. Museum members can reserve a shopping time for free. Masks will be required at all times and social distancing will be enforced.
The Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society is a cultural destination where citizens can learn to understand and appreciate the past. The museum preserves the birthplace of Noah Webster, the founding father, educator, author and lexicographer who taught generations of Americans what it means to be American. This National Historic Landmark is also a repository for West Hartford’s history, the community that molded Noah Webster’s future, and is still thriving over 250 years later. The historic house and exhibit spaces are open daily from 1-4 p.m. For information on the museum’s extensive school and public programs, please visit www.noahwebsterhouse.org
or call 860-521-5362.